Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wed Jan 26, 2011

Hi all,
Another session of chemo behind me. The white cell count was slightly improved but not signicificately in my view. But the Dr was happy, so we forged ahead. The good news was the Tumour marker in the blood continues to fall.  For this I'm very happy. A very good chance that we have indeed stopped the spread and are now focusing on getting rid of the entrenched.  The two weeks off was great. But think I am paying for it now. The side effects continue to be different each time. Nausea much more severe this time around. I lost Tuesday to sleep. I'm amazed how much I sleep after the chemo sessions.  Susan, hope you have a great time in Norway. Please give my regards to Karin and Oolaf, and the rest of the gang.  It will soon be time for another luncheon at the Swedish Postal museum Eh!  Big thanks to Shirley and Lynn for keeping the dancing going at Greig lodge.  Looking forward to spring.
John

4 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    Sorry you are having such a rough go with the side effects. Spring will be here soon. My daffodils are poking through the soil.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the tumor is shrinking! That is good news indeed!!
    I, too, am sorry to learn you're feeling puny these days. Sleep is good. Be sure to eat, lightly, and drink lots of water. Ask the nurses for an Rx for anti-nausea meds. if you haven't already. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, exhausted as you must feel things are sounding good, keep it up! Eat steak! Sleep! We'll be thinking of you at Blefjellstue and I'll certainly pass your greetings on to Karin and Olav. Lunch at Akershus or Bygdøy next time?
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey John, the pre-Telemark e-mails are flying fast and furious. Any update to pass on?

    ReplyDelete