Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday April 17, 2011

Hi all,
 Another chemo week behind me. Again without the nasty chemical.  Well, good news and bad news. The good news is the side effects are pretty minimal-yea. The bad news is that my tumour marker has risen from 200 where is was March 7, to 600 two weeks ago and climbing. Hopefully my blood factors have had a chance to recover somewhat. I will go back to the old program that has the nasty chemical, until the white cells are again in the basement. My oncologist is now saying he thinks he can kill off the Intestinal tumour with the chemicals, and we can avoid surgery.  So am going to enjoy the good week this week knowing I'm going to get sideswiped next week.  Nice day today-Actually feels like spring. Spent some time this afternoon with my grandson and his mom. He's six and in Kindergarden. Alas, I've had to avoid  him most of the winter in that he has had lots of illness which his mom also gets. All for now
John

1 comment:

  1. Hey big guy, time for an update. You recovered yet from last week's bombardment?
    Happy May!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete