Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday Jan 4,2011

Hi all,
sorry to have been so lax in my blog updates. Yes I'm still alive. Yesterday was the first day of the fourth Chemo session.  Blood clots are still a problem. Took nearly an hour to get the pick line cleared enough so that the chemicals could be delivered. I think the chemicals are a little more powerful in that the side affects were far more intense this time around. Had a very sleepless night last night because of them. A difficult day today. The good news is I think we have hit on away to stop the nose bleeds.  Today is the first day with out one.  Tomorrow I will be rid of the portable chemo pack, so hopefully the side effects will decrease over the next two or three days. Last week was a quiet week. I tried eating everything in sight to get my weight back. Alas not to successful. Looked at some lab details testing the liver function for the last eight weeks. So far we are getting some pretty darn good improvement in the liver function. Still have a ways to go.  now estimating that we will do another "PET" scan to make sure there is no new tumors showing up else where, and , to see if we have been successful in reducing the size of the existing tumors. so enough about me.
  Hope you all had a great new years eve. I personally am happy to have 2010 behind me.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment