Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wed evening 12/22/10

Greetings to you all.  I am so happy to have this last chemo behind me. Finished this afternoon with one more return visit to the infusion center tomorrow morning. The side effects this time around were the worst so far. I totally lost Tuesday to sleep all day and night.  The physical side effects are I hope going to fade soon.  Forced myself to eat some pancakes sometime in the early hours this morning, then back to sleep for awhile before my last session today. I originally thought I was going to have this week off, so was surprised Monday morning with the chemo news.
  Anyway, I will have my first how we doing results in mid January. Dr is optimistic, and I admit it's easy to get into that mode. On the other hand to get to enthusiastic could lead to a real downer in January, so am trying to stay rather neutral about it.  Still have all of my hair, though am trying out various head  coverings. May ask for votes on your part. I think I can add pictures to the blog.  Suggestions so far range from the Scottish bonnet to the biker head scarf/bandana.  Now would be a good time to add your comments regarding head gear in the event I need to keep my head warm. Right now it's a struggle to keep my fingers, toes, mouth and nose warm. I wear socks all the time, gloves most of the time and am suppose to wear a scarf outside to cover my mouth and nose.  reminds me of being dressed by my mother when I was a child.
The good news is my clot factor has returned to a pleasant range(no more bloody noses for awhile).  Hoping to have dumped enough of the side effects to be able to enjoy Christmas with my grandson. 
John

4 comments:

  1. Hej, Johan... how about a knit stocking cap from Norge or Sverige? I have a Swedish one, if you want to go ethnic... red, blue and yellow. Take good care, and keep getting better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I would wish you or anyone else any discomfort, but it's nice for me to hear that you need to wear all that gear to keep warm. I am an absolute icebox unless it's at least 80 degrees, so now I have good company. If you get too cold, come to my house because I run the thermostat on 74, and it's usually 78-80 upstairs where I spend most of my time. And if you need to borrow any wool, fleece, or down, I've got it all.

    As for your head gear, I think you should cut off your ponytail and have it made into a wig. Then when dumbasses ask if that's your real hair, you can say hell yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you'd look super in a Do Rag for everyday and the Scottish bonnet for more formal occasions.
    Sending all good thoughts your way.
    Forgot to send message for a God Jul.
    But I'm in time to send greetings for a Gott Nytt År.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No update since for almost two weeks so I hope everything's ok.

    If you don't mind looking like a hoodlum you could try a microfleece anorak (I think that's what they call those cold-weather hoods). Fleece is very soft.

    A kerchief tied 70s style could feel nostalgic.

    Happy and Healthy New Year!

    Susan in NYC

    ReplyDelete