Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thursday Dec 9, 2010

Ahhhh,
Another fun filled day at the Cancer Treatment center.  Went in to have the empty pump pack removed, which was done successfully.  Then the debate began as to whether to pull the PICC line out.  Fortunately none of the nurses had an answer as to what would happen to the blood clot that was still there. So twas decided to ask the good Dr. Am home waiting for the call to go back or not. Apparently the episode Monday afternoon has made be famous in the treatment center(at least amoung the nurses who weren't there but have heard about it).  So, not sure what's next. The portacath requires some surgery to install. I sort of hope to get in one or two more chemo treatments  before we move to the portacath.  I do wonder what would I have done had the clot broke free in the middle of the night . Oh well, it didn't so at least I now will know what's going on and would haul myself to the E.R.
More tomorrow
John

4 comments:

  1. I so admire the way you are keeping your sense of humor through these rough spots, John. I don't think I would do nearly as well under the same circumstances. I'd be bitching and complaining the entire time. Hats off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your happy, upbeat spirit shows in all your posts. It will serve you well and help you through this. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just heard something interesting on the radio. According to the National Cancer Institute, about 1/3 of all cancer patients succumb because of malnutrition. Maybe consider getting a nutritionist who can work with your doctor to tailor a diet specific to your needs and treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea posted by rsmgall. I'll bet your hospital has a nutritionist you can consult. I know from personal experience they can be a great resource! Mine is a naturopath with an emphasis on nutrition, among other things, and I love having her on my side.

    ReplyDelete