Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday 6/16/11

Hello my friends,
The chemo from two weeks ago went very smoothly. I had pretrty much super hydrated my body and that seemed to substantialy lessen the chemo side effects. I've had a good two weeks and got back alot of energy that has been missing.  Alas, I seem to have fallen into a black hole. I was suppose to have chemo this past Tuesday. They did lab work proir to the chemo. My white cell count is now in the critically low range and the chemo was cancelled.  Unforunately my tumor marker numbers have also risen rather substantially. I'm rescheduled for chemo next Monday. I'm doubtful that the white count will be much improved by then. Which means the tumor marker will rise some more.  Sort of between a rock and a hard spot. 
  Some more good news-I've gained back some weight. I hit a low a few weeks back of 210 #'s. That's down from from my weight in October of 265#'s. I'm now back up to 223#'s. Because of the critically low white count I need to contiue my isolation, and wash everthing constantly.  I miss seeing and being with you all, however, they do not want me picking up any kind of bug. I've been very lucky so far.
   Hope you are all well-maybe we'll have some summer weather soon.
John

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, John...Happy Independence Day and keep fighting the good fight!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John Luv the picture! Finally got ahold of your blog address. So sorry for all you've gone thru!! Keep pushing until those "sons of bitches" cancer cells get gone!! Had a lovely dream about u the other night!! Whoo la la! Mary Lowes

    ReplyDelete