Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 4 Nov 20 2010

Hi all,
The hospital visit this morning went well. They replaced the bandage etc over the picc line and there is no sign of infection which is the big worry since it's a direct line to the heart.  It appears I'm all set for Monday's first chemo.  The R.N. this morning was most helpful and informative.  I learned alot about my form of cancer in the liver, the treatment plan to expect and she gave me a very positive outlook which is very helpful. Sort of wanted to say, wait, wait, tell me more, but we were done.  Spent the early afternoon napping; and then spent the rest of the day with my son and grandson. My grandson plays a mean game of "mousetrap".   Unless something dramatic happens tomorrow, next post will be Monday evening. Guess I get to come home with a pump pack that will keep on pumping the  juice to me for a couple of days. So hope you are all well.
Maximize the good things in your lives.
John

1 comment:

  1. Hi, John, Andy just gave me the information about your blog here. My baby sister went through chemo and surgery for breast cancer several months ago, so at a remove, I can sympathize (she could empathize--she's also an RN herself, so that undoubtedly helped her, as she could know and understand what was coming.) Anyhow, know that Andy and I are sending you good thoughts and wishes that all goes well (as it did for my sister.)

    Take care,
    -Kit

    ReplyDelete